Last updated: August 9, 2020
This Policy describes:
- information we collect from you when you interact with the Site;
- how we use the information we collect;
- if and why information may be disclosed to third parties; and
- your choices regarding the processing of your information.
Types of Information We CollectTypes of information we collect include:
- account information;
- contact information;
- usage data—information about an individual's online activity that, by itself, does not identify the individual, such as browser type, service provider, IP address, operating system, webpages visited, metadata (e.g., the date and time of an online communication), and other statistics.
How We Collect InformationWhether we collect certain types of information and how we process them depends on how you use the Site. We collect information about you in the following ways:
- From You. We collect information from you when you create an account to use the Site, contact us for help, or otherwise voluntarily provide your information. We also automatically collect usage data when you interact with the Site.
- From Our Service Providers. Third parties that assist us with the Site also collect information, such as usage data, about you through the Site and share it with us. For example, our service providers collect and share information with us to help us detect and prevent fraud.
- From cookies and similar technologies. We and our service providers use small text files called cookies to collect information from the device used to access the Site. Cookies are small files sent to or accessed from your web browser that contain information about your device, such as operating system and browser type, user settings, browsing history, and activities conducted while using the Site. This information helps us analyze technical information about the Site, understand user activity and website usage, detect and prevent fraud, customize your experience, and maintain and improve the quality of the Site. Click the Cookie Settings link at the bottom of this page to learn more.
How We Use Information About YouAs a general matter, we use your information to provide the services you request. For example, we may use your email address to respond to your requests regarding potential employers or business partners. We may also use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- provide, personalize, and improve the Site;
- help protect the safety of our users;
- communicate with users;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Site;
- develop and deliver our services, and other offerings and events; and
- provide users with information regarding our services, offers, and events.
How We Share Information About YouWe may share information as described at the time information is collected or as follows:
- When you consent. We may share information with third parties if you have given us consent to do so or in order to perform services you requested or initiated.
- With third-party service providers performing services on our behalf. We share information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them, such as hosting and data analyses.
- For legal purposes. We may share information deemed necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process.
- In anonymized form. We may share information about you in an anonymized form with third parties in order to discover and reveal trends about how users interact with the Site.
Information Storage and SecurityWe store information for as long as we reasonably need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. For example, if you create an account, we will store your information for as long as needed to maintain your account, provide the services you requested, enforce any applicable terms that govern your use of the Site, and maintain appropriate records to reflect our delivery of services to you. We also may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as permitted by law.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your information from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use and other unlawful forms of processing. In some cases, your information is accessible when you log into a feature we offer, and in those cases you need to keep your user credentials and password confidential and secure so that your information is protected.
Your ChoicesYou have the following choices in relation to your personal information that we process. You can:
- adjust your account details and preferences;
- opt-out of future communications from us;
- view, modify, or delete the personal information we have about you; and